Ok. this took me awhile to out so wanted to share my experience in doing so.
- Update my on-premise gitlab to atleast 10.8 to allow me to remote mirror my projects to github so i can have remote copy of the things i’m working on.
- Update to the latest gitlab so i can have the latest goodies
- Move gitlab from Ubuntu to CentOS. I’m standardizing my linux distro use to CentOS
- As per gitlab documentation, you need to do the last minor revision first before updating to major revision . (eg. 10.7 to 10.8-> 11.x-> etc etc
According to gitlab: you need to do this involved process to do the upgrade: (ugh!)
Fortunately, found helpful links to the task:
Doing step upgrade
- apt-get update
- apt-cache policy gitlab-ce
- apt-get install gitlab-ce=10.8.7-ce.0
- Proceed to do upgrade per version
Migrate to new gitlab server:
Do not always follow the official documentation…