vRealize Automation 8 is out! This is a big release as it marks feature parity with VMware Cloud Automation Service (SaaS offering). In addition, a new architecture which eliminates the need for Windows Server.
For this post, i’ll document what’s needed for an Enterprise Install of vRA8.
1 x Lifecycle Manager
3 x Identity Manager
3 x vRealize Automation Appliance
2 x LB to handle IDM and vRA, respectively
High Level Steps:
- Prepare DNS/ FQDN records for all vRA, IDM, LCM, and LB VIP components.
- Pre-create LB-Setup VIP. For vRA, point to only 1 member for now. The other two leave it disabled.
- Launch LCM Installer, install as necessary.
- Supply the LB details for the vRA. For IDM, keep it as single node for now.
- IDM will be scaled via LCM AFTER installation so you only need to setup the LB after the installation.